Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Pink Paislee - Christmas Cheer


Christmas cheer. Every year in preparation for December, I seem to get more and more excited. I think for me it is knowing it is coming and embracing it!

When I worked retail, I have to admit, the Christmas season's joy wasn't there. I think it got squished out when I got ran over by a customer's cart while they stormed into Target's Black Friday. It might have also been when my team was told to hold off the second line that started at opening and we heard the crowd rumbling, "They are small and skinny, we can just run right through them!" Or maybe when one year I went upstairs with my team at Black Friday's opening looking through the dark windows down at the sales floor. When the doors opened and I saw the sales floor swarm with people like ants. It hit me then - I didn't want to be a part of that.

It wasn't until after I hung up my red and khaki that I was able to enjoy what "Christmas cheer" was all about. The key is "attitude". No matter what happens around me this season I am going to focus on what Christmas is about for me and my family.

It is about joy, love, giving to others, sacrifice, thoughtfulness, anticipation, family, and most importantly celebrating a baby's birth. It is when I focus on these things that the season brings me cheer.

Create Well: Choose cheer.