Planners

Planners
Planners

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking

Party

Party
Party

Heidi Swapp - Happy Adventure


I am always trying to figure out how I can bring focus to my photos on my layouts. Years ago, when I was just married to my budding photographer husband I would scrapbook my photos doing all kinds of mixed media on top of the photographs. When I would show my art piece to my husband all he could see was what I took away from his photograph.

Since then, and I believe more this year than any other, I have been trying to keep true to what my husband sees in the view finder. I don't add filters to our photos much anymore. I try my best to bring out the colors that was originally seen. Photography is an art form too and I can't take too much away from my husband's art when I scrapbook it. 


This trip to the coast was a great sensory experience for my son. I tried to record this moment when he saw teenagers being buried in the sand and he wanted to copy them. To add more photos on this 12x12 page, I added a mini Memory File.


The rest of the layout was created with my Heidi Swapp stash of Hello Today and even No Limits and Vintage Chic Buzz Words!  



Notice in the photo above Dad is in the photo. I made sure to photograph my husband with my phone camera since he was the main photographer that day. I try my best to make sure he is included when he is the main shooter by keeping my phone handy.


I know when I keep the photos true to what was seen in the camera, my husband is grateful and more appreciative of the stories I am trying to tell. The truth is, they are his stories too.

Create Well: Keep in mind of the photos you are scrapbooking. Let your art enhance the story you are trying to tell.